Over 40 Years of Experience
According to a spokesman at the NRCA, pricing for roofing varies dramatically, depending on the type of materials being used.
There are two primary methods to re-roofing: re-covering and tear-off (complete replacement). Because re-covering doesn't require as much labor, it is significantly less expensive than tear-off, and there are other things to consider.
Roofers should be prepared to answer specific questions that customers pose during their process of selecting a roofing company.
- Inspections and consulting
- Quick customer service
- References available
- Quality service
- Competitive rates
Choosing a Contractor
- Is the contractor licensed?
- Does the contractor have liability and workers' compensation insurance?
- Does the contractor have a reputation for quality, and will he provide a list of references?
- Is the contractor willing to provide a "good workmanship" warranty?
- Does the contractor provide the homeowner with a copy of the warranty issued by the manufacturer of roofing materials, and has he thoroughly explained it?
- Does the contractor thoroughly inspect the roof (and anything else that can leak) and share his findings?
- Does the contractor provide a written estimate, including specifics on the work to be done, the timeline for completion (including cleanup) and the cost?
- Is the contractor going to supervise all phases of the project and provide a final inspection?
- Does the contractor have a cell phone in case of emergency, and will he be available weekends?